Water is a vital resource for domestic, residential, commercial, rural, and industrial uses. With the unreliable water supply in Uganda, you need a water tank to store your water to make it available at your convenience.
These are the types of water tanks with their prices.
Plastic water tanks.
These are the commonest water tanks in Uganda. They are a product of UV-stabilized polyethylene/ plastic, which doesn’t break under harsh outdoor conditions.
Plastic water tanks mainly store drinking and rainwater. They also act as water reserves for industrial and fire prevention purposes.
Prices of plastic water tanks GENTEX AND CREST TANKS.
Gentex Water Tanks Prices Durable Crest Tank Prices
|Tank capacity||Prices per tank||Tank capacity||Prices per tank|
|250 Liters||110,000||250 liters||140,000|
|500 liters||180,000||300 liters||175,000|
|1000 liters||280,000||500 liters||198,000|
|1500 liters||450,000||750 liters||325,000|
|2000 liters||500,000||1000 liters||345,000|
|2500 liters||650,000||1500 liters||540,000|
|3000 liters||700,000||2000 liters||660,000|
|4000 liters||1,000,000||2500 liters||900,000|
|5000 liters||1,200,000||3000 liters||1,100,000|
|8000 liters||2,000,000||4000 liters||1,450,000|
|10000 liters||2,400,000||5000 liters||1,675,000|
Elevated Water Tank.
ELEVATED WATER TANK PRICES:
Water Tank mounted on Steel over head stand:
6 meters aboveground level: ( steel structural stand )
Tank Supply and Installations costs:
Tank Capacity Prices Tank Capcity Prices Tank Capacity Prices Plastic MS Tanks welded joints Smart tanks stainless Plastic tanks: Steel Tanks: Stainless steel 1000 liters 4,500,000.00 5000 liters 14,000,000.00 1000 liters 7,000,000.00 2000 liters 5,900,000.00 10,000 liters 19,000,000.00 2000 liters 8,000,000.00 3000 liters 6,500,000.00 20,000 liters 44,000,000.00 2500 liters 8,000,000.00 4,000 liters 8,500,000.00 30,000 liters 49,000,000.00 5000 liters 11,000,000.00 5000 liters 9,500,000.00 40,000 liter 59,000,000.00 8000 liter 12,000,000.00 50,000 liters 69,000,000.00 10’000 liters 14,5000,000.00 16’000 liters 19,000,000.00 24’000 liters 28,000,000.00
1. It creates more water pressure.
The elevated position of a water storage tank allows it to deliver water with more force. It is simple science: water flows towards gravitational force, so the greater the height, the greater the pressure. According to numerous studies, if a unit is placed more than a hundred feet above the ground, there is a significant increase of around .43 pound per square inch per foot.
2. It eliminates the expense and installation of a pump.
Usually, a water pump is not necessary for the average household that utilizes a stainless steel water storage tank for human consumption. If the unit is installed at height with a sufficient distance above the house’s plumbing, it may create sufficient pressure. Moreover, for a water tank that only serves the garden and other external use, elevating the unit will probably provide decent pressure. Simply put, not relying on a pump will save you a hefty amount of money.
3. It prevents contamination.
Tanks are also mounted in elevated spot for practical reasons. Doing so prevents extreme sediments and other foreign objects from coming in. You must know that the longer sediment remains in a water tank, the greater the risk for contamination and pathogenic growth.
4. It provides convenient access for repairs.
Any fixture that is installed above ground permits much easier access for routine maintenance. If leaks should occur they will be relatively easy to spot and to repair. This is also why most tank providers, like Firs tank Uganda, ladder that comes with the unit.
It is not mandatory to keep your water storage tanks at the top level of your house or building. You can even install them on the ground level. But doing so will most likely require an external aid to make water flow through the pipelines. So take it from the experts like the guys . : elevating your water tank is always a good decision.
Advantages of plastic water tanks.
- They are very affordable. Their price depends on the size and design of the tank.
- They are very durable. Plastic water tanks are structurally strong, making them resistant to the sun for at least 25 years.
- They are light, portable, and easy to install.
- They come in many colors.
- They are cleaned easily with regular soap and detergents because of their smooth inner surfaces.
Concrete water tanks.
These are water tanks made of concrete and bricks. Sometimes they are reinforced with steel rods during construction. You can hire builders to build for you according to your specifications.
Price of a concrete water tank.
As with most tanks, their prices depend on the materials used and the size of the water tank. The bigger the water tank, the higher the construction cost. They are a prevalent choice in urban areas and developments with limited space.
Advantages of concrete water tanks.
- They are suitable for both underground and on-ground installation.
- They hold immense quantities of water.
- They are more affordable than steel water tanks.
Disadvantages of concrete water tanks.
- They are prone to cracking.
- They are unhygienic. Because of the porousness of concrete walls, they are easily affected by mold, bacteria, and chemical leaks, which contaminate water, making them unsuitable for storing drinking water.
Stainless steel water tanks.
These are tanks made from welding stainless steel together. They are the most reliable water tanks.
Stainless steel water tank prices.
|Size (Liters)||Price (Ugx)|
NB: These are the rough estimates of vertical stainless steel water tanks. Horizontal water tanks are more costly.
Advantages of stainless steel tanks.
- They are more durable than concrete and plastic water tanks.
- They rarely crack, rust or freeze. (Offer more excellent resistance to corrosion, wear and tear in water)
- They are hygienic. Stainless steel is a very stable material that does not react with water.
- They are more appealing to the eyes and maintain a shiny new look even after many years, while their counterparts get a dull look with age.
- They are movable with a forklift.
- They are heat resistant and don’t get affected when exposed to harmful radiation.
- They are sustainable. Most stainless steel tanks contain 60 to 70 percent recycled material, making them sustainable in the long run.
Disadvantages of stainless steel tanks.
They are more costly, especially the larger tank sizes.
It is worth noting that all the water tank types below fall in these two categories;
- Shop-built water tanks are made/fabricated/ built in a shop and then transported to the project site for installation. These are cheaper than the field-erected water tanks.
- Field erected water tanks.
Field erected water tanks.
Field erected water tanks can either be stainless steel or concrete. What differentiates them from the shop-built water tanks is that they are too large to be put together in a shop. So they are transported to the project site in parts or pieces where they are welded together or put together.
Every field erected water tank is designed based on its purpose, specifications of its function, where it will sit, the pressure on it, and many other considerations.
Why field erected water tanks are the best water tanks
- in Uganda.
- They have low maintenance costs.
- They have a high degree of customization. Most shop-built tanks already have a finished design. On the other hand, a field-erected water tank caters to your specific needs, say height, breadth, shape, or any other unique feature you desire.
- They are the most durable. Unlike concrete tanks prone to cracking and leaking, erected field tanks are leak-free because the steel is welded together. For the cement and block erected water tanks, reinforced concrete is used to make them durable. Field erected water tanks stand the tests of time, temperature, harsh weather, and products.
- Field erected tanks have no size limit.
- They require minor maintenance.
- They usually are steel galvanized tanks, the best solution for fixed locations.
It is worth noting that field-erected tanks are the most suitable water tanks for large-scale use regarding size, material, and durability.
If there’s a water tank that can’t go wrong, it’s the field-erected tanks. For high-quality, field erected water tanks with a capacity of up to 500,000 gallons, contract Orlandoh engineering for high-quality field erected tanks. Their field personnel uses innovative approaches and can handle any task, whether it’s installation inside an existing structure or one that is too big to ship.
NB: The price of your water tank is only part of the puzzle. It would be best to consider the cost of complementary equipment like filters, screens, and so on to ensure that you get the best quality water in your tank. There’s also the cost of transportation and installation.
So, be careful in your water tank buying process. Make a list of all your expenses and come up with the best choice for you.